at Wallace Lake Lodge & Outposts
What to bring on your Fishing Adventure
• A sleeping bag
• A pillow
• A good quality rain suit
• Waterproof footwear
• QUALITY polarized sunglasses
• Wool socks
• Waterproof gloves
• Dry bag
• Vital medications
• Stocking cap
• Insect Repellent
• Camera, film, video camera, batteries
• Heavy jacket (for early spring or fall)
• Down vest, turtleneck or chamois shirts
• Insulated underwear
• Neoprene waders (optional)
• Groceries (Food for entire stay)
General Fishing Gear
- Rods, Reels, Lines and Leaders
- 6’ 6” or taller medium heavy casting rod and reel with 12-20 lb. test line (Northern Pike and Lake Trout)
- 6” or taller medium light - medium spinning rod and reel with 6-12 lb. test line (Walleye)
- 12-24” 30-65 lb. test wire leaders with ball bearing bushing swivels or titanium leaders with cross lock snap swivels.
Tackle - Northern Pike
- Mepps / Bluefox spinners, 6” Slug-O, Pork-O, Johnson Silver Minnow
- Red Eyes, Rapalas, Bombers, Spinnerbaits, Spooks, Woodchoppers
- Dahlberg Megadivers, Streamers - Bunny, Popper, Deceivers
- Bucktails, Flippin Jigs, Trailers, Mann’s 1-Minus, Pigs, Plglets, Bomber Long A
Tackle - Walleye
- Assortment of walleye jigs 1/16 - 3/8 oz., Curltail Grubs 2” - 4”, Shad Raps, Ratlin’ Raps, Fat Raps, Storm Thunderstick
Click for Rates
Flight Weight Restrictions
150 LBS per person of gear for groups of 4-5 people and 100 LBS per person of gear for groups of 6-8 people. Overweight charges will go on an extra charter flight basis.
Possession Limit and Size Restriction
We encourage catch and release at our outpost camps. To preserve our future resources we advise against take home limits. All walleye kept for shore lunch must be under regulation size. We suggest you get a replica mount for your trophy.
Hooks and Bait
Barbless hooks must be used, you can crimp off the barbs as you use them. Barbed hooks can be used on the Ontario side. No live minnows are allowed, but you can use frozen minnows, live leeches and worms. Arrangements for bait should be made with Wallace Lake Lodge before your departure.
Pickup and Shuttle Options
We also arrange shuttles from Winnipeg International Airport. Some guests may prefer to be picked up at another sea plane base. Please call to check on additional costs for arrival/departure from:
Pine Falls, Manitoba
Lac du Bonnet, Manitoba
View Map of Sea Plane Bases
Arrangements for fishing licenses should be made with Wallace Lake Lodge one week before your departure.
A deposit of $200 per person is required within 10 days of booking. The balance is payable prior your departure to the outpost camp. Cash, certified cheque or a bank drafts are accepted. All monies are non-refundable. However, the monies can become transferable with written or email cancellation at least 30 days from the trip date. In this instance, the monies are held and can be applied to another trip for a same group size in that same year or during the following season. If group size ends up being smaller, the held over deposits will be adjusted accordingly. Cancellations within 30 days of the trip are non-transferable. See our terms and conditions for further information.
If you have any questions, please contact us (click here).
Fish Species Caught at our Lodge and Outposts
Wallace Lake Lodge has developed a program to recognize trophy catches made by guests. Click on the Angler List
icon on left to view our records.
The Walleye and Northern Pike are abundant in our lakes. With trophies caught in various water depths, you are sure to catch the big one that got away last year.
Try your hand at fishing the structure, and endless miles of shoreline at Carroll Lake or the narrow passageways and weedy bays of Craven Lake. Experience the exciting fishing of the Gammon river below thunderous rapids or the incredible shallow water Walleye fishing at Obukowin Lake. In addition to our outposts we offer one day fly outs to our own boat cache on Tam Guy Lake which offers amazing walleye and northern pike fishing.
The main lodge at Wallace Lake serves as a great drive up fishing location, with access to Siderock Lake as well. When you arrive at one of our camps, break out your rods, cast your lines and enjoy. Get ready to enjoy the Canadian fishing adventure of a lifetime!
Fly outs offered to Tam Guy lake boat cache.
Tam Guy lake is located a few miles north of Craven lake and is where our boat cache is located. There is no outpost on the lake so most people bring tents and camp a few nights or simply fly out for the day to take advantage of the great fishing. Check out our rates for pricing.